Is Copilot the best AI companion out there? Help us find out by answering a couple of quick questions!
Yesterday, Apple officially announced the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max flagship smartphones. The new iPhone 11 Pro series starts at $999 and it comes with several improvements over its predecessor. Despite the improvements, I would not recommend these new devices to consumers because of the following five reasons.
1) 5G support: When you are buying a smartphone for about $1100 including taxes, you expect it to be future proof. Network connectivity is a key feature in smartphones and the new iPhone Pro models does not have the latest 5G network support. Even though the 5G network roll out has just started around the world, in next 12 months or so, you will see more and more network operators offering 5G services. If you buy these new iPhone Pro models now, you will be left out in the 5G journey.
2) Advanced AR features: Apple is working on advanced AR features for iPhones. To make the iPhone Pro compatible with these upcoming AR features, Apple has included the new U1 chip that uses Ultra Wideband technology for spatial awareness. But the next generation iPhone coming next year will have U2 chip with more power enabling even more advanced AR features. Also, Apple today accidentally confirmed that it is working on an AR headset. Unlike the next generation iPhones that will be released along with the AR headset, the current iPhone 11 Pro models may not be fully compatible with all the AR features.
3) Lack of Pro features: Apple’s ‘Pro’ branding for these new iPhones are not justified. Even though the new iPhone 11 Pro series comes with camera and battery life improvements, there is no feature that will make these new iPhones stand out from other flagship smartphones. For example, the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series comes with stylus support. The HUAWEI P30 Pro come with 50x zoom support. You can’t tell a single unique feature that will make these new iPhones stand out.
4) Big notch and outdated design: The new iPhone 11 Pro series comes with a huge notch and feature the same design as its predecessor. This design looks outdated when compared to the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 series, the OnePlus 7 Pro, and several other flagship devices. In another year or so, your phone will look seriously outdated.
5) No USB-C: While the whole industry is moving towards USB-C standard, you are still stuck with lightning port in the new iPhone 11 Pro series. In the coming months, you will find USB-C chargers and accessories everywhere, you will need to carry a dongle with your iPhone 11 Pro all the time.
If you have any other reason in your mind, please let us know in the comments section below.