Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Apple today announced the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, the successors to the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The new new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max offer several new improvements over their predecessors.
Read about the improvements below.
- The new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max come with triple-camera setup on the back. In addition to the 12MP main camera sensor and the 12MP telephoto camera sensor, these iPhone models feature 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens. This new lens will allow users to capture photos and videos with a larger field of view.
- Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision support
- New video editing feature will allow users to retouch, apply effects, alter colors, reframe and crop 4K videos in iPhone.
- Deep Fusion feature coming via software update in the future. It shoots 9 images in a second and processes them to create a single detailed, low noise image.
- All three cameras can capture 4K high dynamic range videos.
- New night mode similar to Google Pixel.
- The upgraded front camera in the iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max supports 120fps slo-mo recording.
- QuickTake video feature with subject tracking support.
- Next-generation Smart HDR uses advanced machine learning to recognize subjects in the frame and intelligently relight them for more natural-looking images with greater detail.
- Super Retina XDR OLED TrueTone display, 1200 nits of peak brightness.
- iPhone 11 Pro comes with 5.8-inch display while the iPhone 11 Pro Max comes with 6.5-inch display
- The new iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max is powered by the new A13 Bionic processor with 8.5 billion transistors internally codenamed Cebu.
- 20% improved performance on 30% less power.
- A13 has machine learning accelerators for 6x matrix acceleration.
- WiFi 6 support
- Improved LTE performance
- New multi-angle Face ID sensor can capture a wider field of view allowing users to unlock the device when it is flat on a table.
- New iPhone models lack 3D Touch technology, instead they will feature Haptic Touch like iPhone XR.
- Improved water resistance will allow the upcoming iPhones to be submerged under water far longer period.
- New midnight green finish.
- Toughest glass in a smartphone.
- The new Apple-designed U1 chip uses Ultra Wideband technology, the first ever in a smartphone, for spatial awareness. With iOS 13.1 coming on September 30, AirDrop gets even better with directionally aware suggestions.
- New iPhone 11 Pro lasts 4 hours longer than iPhone XS and the new iPhone 11 Pro Max lasts 5 hours longer than iPhone XS Max.
- New 18w fast charger.
You can pre-order the new iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max starting this Friday. Apple will begin shipping them from September 20. Apple also announced that they are reducing the price of iPhone XR to $599 and iPhone 8 from $449.