Just a few days ago we reported that Google is blocking Windows 10 Mobile users from adding new Gmail accounts to the built-in Outlook app. While Microsoft has been relatively quiet about the outrage and no one really came forward to comment on the situation, a person named “Rowena Cam” from Microsoft forum team commented a possible workout for the problem. The comment was posted in reply to the problem on Microsoft’s official forum and below is the suggested way to solve the problem.
01. Go to “Settings”.
02. Tap on “Accounts”.
03. Tap on “Your email and accounts”.
04. Tap “Add an account”.
05. Tap “Other accounts POP, IMAP”.
06. Enter your Email address and Password.
07. Tap the Sign in button.
08. Once you’re signed in Open the Edge browser.
09. Visit gmail.com and log in to your Google account.
10. Open the message with the subject “Blocked sign-in attempt for security reasons”
11. Tap on the Allow Access button.
12. You will be forwarded to the Google security setting page. “Under the Access for less secure apps”, select “Turn on”.
The method looks very straight forward and allows users to add Gmail accounts easily. Did the method work for our readers? Let us know in the comments section.