Microsoft today released Windows 10 Build 16176 for PC and Build 15204 for Mobile to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. This is a minor update which includes OneCore refinements and some code refactoring that will allow Windows development team members to start checking in new features. So, you won’t see any new list of features in this build except for the below.
What’s New in Windows 10 Build 16176 for PC:
Windows Subsystem for Linux Gains Serial Device Support: Windows COM ports can now be accessed directly from a WSL process.
Changes and improvements in Windows 10 Build 16176 for PC:
- You can now hold down the power button on your device for 7 seconds to trigger a bugcheck. This will only work on newer devices that don’t uses legacy ACPI power buttons.
- Narrator will work again on this build.
- We fixed the issue causing some apps and games to crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and Action Center having a noticeable framerate drop in their animations on certain devices if transparency was enabled and there were open UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build where the Action Center could get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismissed multiple.
- We fixed an issue where the Clock and Calendar flyout was unexpectedly missing the agenda integration for some Insiders.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build (Build 16170) resulting in Surface Books unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep due to it bugchecking during sleep.
- We fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, for example in File Explorer, until logging out and back in.
- We fixed an issue where the Extensions Process was suspended inappropriately during Connected Standby, resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive on wake if any extensions had been installed.
In Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15204, there’s nothing new except for the below.
Improvements and fixes for Windows 10 Mobile 15204:
- We have added a new privacy page to the Windows 10 Mobile OOBE experience that allows you to quickly and effectively make common privacy changes while setting up the device. You can read more about our Windows 10 privacy journey here.
- We fixed the issue where the keyboard would sometimes not appear when a text input field is selected in Microsoft Edge.