Microsoft announced a new SharePoint experience on Mobile devices back in May of this year. The company has already released the new experience on the iPhone, but the Android and Windows 10 apps aren’t available just yet. While the new SharePoint experience on Windows 10 was spotted on the Windows Store recently, users can’t install and use the app on their phone just yet. Today, the company has quietly started testing the new SharePoint experience on Android devices.
If you are an Android user, you can now try out the new SharePoint app from the Google Play Store. As you can see in the above screenshots, the SharePoint app includes quite a lot of features. The app supports SharePoint Sits, which will allow users to see all the activities from their sites. Additionally, the app also lets users manage their own SharePoint sites. There’s also a Links tab and a People tab within the app. Here’s the full feat
- The Sites tab takes you to your Sites, Recent sites and Followed sites, where you can keep up with site activity, navigate using quick launch or see recent files.
- The Links tab takes you to sites and portals programmed for everyone in the company.
- The People tab gives you access to the people you work with and visibility into what they are working on.
- Search is available throughout with clean results filtered by sites, files and people.
- Users can also have multiple accounts online and on-premises, and can easily switch between them.
The SharePoint app for Android is pretty good at the moment. The app may have some bugs and rough edges here and there, but that’s to be expected as it’s still in a preview. But of course, we’ll let you know once it’s out of preview. In the meantime, if you are willing to give the SharePoint app a try on your Android smartphone, head over to the Google Play Store here.