Microsoft recently announced the new SharePoint app for iOS. Today, the app is now available on the App Store and iPhone owners can now download the app on their iPhone. With the new SharePoint on their iPhone, users can see the latest site activities, access recent and popular files, view and arrange lists on their team sites. The app features:
- Sign in to your SharePoint sites, whether they’re in the cloud or on-premises. The app works with SharePoint Online, and SharePoint Server versions 2013 and 2016. You can add multiple accounts, and easily switch between them.
- Quickly find your sites. Check out the Sites tab, to see the sites you frequently visit and the sites you follow. Tap on a team site to dive into it. See site activity, navigate using the familiar quick launch navigation, easily follow or share the site, and work with your lists.
- Check out recent and popular files. In a team site, get to your recent or popular files quickly to view or share them, and have full access to your document libraries using the new integration with the OneDrive app. Edit your files easily using Office Mobile apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Use the Links tab to find promoted links for your organization. Curated by your SharePoint admin for all employees, these links get you to the organizational resources and sites that you care about.
- Search. Enterprise Search is available throughout the app and results are organized into sites, files and people.
- Find and browse for people you work with. Tap on a user to get to their contact card and to see who they work with and what they are working on.
Alongside the new iOS app for SharePoint, Microsoft also announced the app for Android and Windows 10 — however, the app isn’t available on Android or Windows 10 just yet. But, it should be coming within the next few weeks.
You can get Sharepoint for iOS from the App Store here.