Microsoft last week released PowerToys v0.23 with stability, localization, and quality improvements. Today, Microsoft announced a new experimental version of the utility collection, version 0.24.
The update brings fixes for the new Video Conferencing Mute feature designed for the new normal of work from home, allowing users to mute their video and audio with only a keystroke.
The full changelog includes:
- DroidCam – #6246 (comment)
Camera overlay image:
- image dialogue doesn’t work when running settings as admin
- it shows always, even when the option to hide it is on
- it always use the light theme
- always open on startup even when disabled #6396
- not all microphones are muted
- offer option to select which microphone to mute
- settings info for hotkeys valid modifiers – #6246 (comment)
- Fixed possible crash in PowerToys when the module is turned off
- move VideoConferenceViewModel.cs from Settings.UI to Settings.UI.Lib
- move toolbar out of the VideoConferenceSettings
- add telemetry for settings
Microsoft is making this version download-only, and not via WinGet, due to “the driver still prompting for permission during install time”. It is also only rolling out to users on the experimental “ring”.
Find the update at GitHub here.