Microsoft today released the first preview of Windows Universal App platform that will be shipped as part of Windows 10 later this year. You can download the latest tools to get started with the development by following the instructions below.
- Sign up for the Windows Insider Program, if you haven’t already.
- Install, or upgrade to, the latest flight of Windows 10 Technical Preview to best support Windows Universal App Platform development.
- Run Windows Update to check for the latest updates.
- If you’re running CTP5 or earlier, uninstall your previous version of Visual Studio 2015.
- Install the tools; both Visual Studio 2015 CTP6 and the Tools for Windows 10 Technical Preview, which includes the SDK, are required when developing for the Windows Universal App Platform. (To install the .iso file, download the files, right-click the local copy, and then select Mount.)