Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Epic Games has detailed the extensive list of Fortnite next-gen improvements that will grace Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PlayStation 5 gamers in just a couple of weeks.
Available on Day One for Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 – November 10th and November 12th respectively – the Fortnite next-gen updates will allow Epic Games’ battle royale juggernaut to look and play better than ever before on console.
Xbox Series X|S Improvements:
- 4K Resolution at 60 FPS on Series X.
- Dynamic Visuals and Physics on Series X: Better smoke and water effects and explosion damage to grass and trees, as well as improvements to Storm and cloud effects.
- Get into Matches Faster: Loading performance – including texture loading – has been significantly upgraded and you can jump into your next match faster than ever before.
- Enhanced Split-screen: On Xbox Series X and Series S, Split-screen now supports 60 FPS.
PlayStation 5 Improvements:
- 4K Resolution at 60 FPS.
- Dynamic Visuals and Physics: Experience a more dynamic and interactive world with grass and trees responding to explosions, better-looking smoke and liquid effects and all-new Storm and cloud effects.
- DualSense Controller Immersion: Haptic feedback makes it feel like you’re holding the Suppressed SMG or Bolt-Action Sniper Rifle. In addition to general vibration support, you’ll experience integrated haptic trigger feedback for ranged weapons on the new DualSense controller. You can disable haptic feedback via your PS5 Accessories settings.
- Select Your Favorite Mode from the PS5 Home Screen: Fortnite supports PS5’s Activities, starting with the ability to go straight into the Battle Royale Lobby with either Solo, Duos, or Squads selected. Once in the Lobby, choose to queue up for your favourite game mode and jump into a match right away.
- Get into Matches Faster: Loading performance has been significantly upgraded, not only improving texture loading but also helping you get into a match from game start-up much faster.
- Enhanced Split-screen: On PS5, Split-screen now supports 60 FPS.
Due to Xbox Series S’ lower memory bandwidth compared to the more premium next-gen consoles, the Fortnite next-gen update will only run at 1080p compared to its 4K counterparts.
In celebration of the next-gen console launches, Fortnite will give players the chance to claim a Throwback Axe Pickaxe, the original default Pickaxe. That’s right, players are nostalgic for Fortnite now. This claim will be available from November 4 to January 15, 2021.
Are you excited to check out the Fortnite next-gen enhancements? Tell us in the comments below.