Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
A few weeks ago, I highlighted Appy Text, a neat Windows 10 app for taking notes and creating text files and Markdown documents in Windows 10.The app remains as fluid and pretty as it did in the past, but now it has undergone a few changes to go with it
For users of Windows 10 Mobile, you’ll see improvements in the way the app autosaves files left open in the app, more specifically it now does. It didn’t before, but now it does, improving its utility for on the cuff notes.
There’s a new Focus mode which gets rid of the interface when writing – assuming you’ve already purchased the premium feature, and the tabs feature is now supercharged with drag and drop for rearranging tabs on the go. There’s no multi-window support yet, but that’s probably not what you downloaded Appy Text for anyway.
Here’s a somewhat full list of changes.
- Added Dutch, Polish, and Russian language support.
- Added new Markdown Live Preview setting to enable a basic side-by-side preview of your Markdown file beside the file’s text area (off by default).
- Can now decrease text size down to 8pt (was 12pt previously).
- State saving of your session (files open) works on mobile now too.
- Added Focus Mode for Premium users, for those of you who want no UI at all when writing.
- Can now rearrange tabs using drag-and-drop.
- Added Status Bar that displays word count/reading time (can be turned off).
- Can now have the Filebar be moved to Hamburger Menu resulting in less UI in the text area.
- Settings screen refreshed for easier discovery of options.
- New Help screen added.
- Last but not least, should seem faster
I’ve tried it out on my Lumia 735, and have been fairly impressed with the progress it has made. It’s still best on PCs as all Windows 10 apps are, but it is also now (subjectively) better on mobile due to the UI improvements.
You can snag Appy Text from the Store link below. It’s available for Windows 10 PCs and Phones running the Anniversary Update and above,