As we reported last week, you can now play Blizzard’s team-based shooter Overwatch for free this weekend September 9–12. For this free weekend, Blizzard is making Overwatch’s full roster of 22 heroes and 13 maps available for play in a variety of modes, including Quick Play, Custom Games, and the latest Weekly Brawl. You’ll also be able to level up, earn Loot Boxes, and unlock different customization options via the Hero Gallery. If you like what you see and decide to buy Overwatch: Origins Edition, you’ll also get to keep whatever progress you made during the weekend.
There are a variety of ways to play Overwatch during the Free Weekend!
- Quick Play: Jump into a game against other players of similar skill.
- Play vs. AI: Hone your skills against a team of AI-controlled heroes.
- Custom Game: Customize the rules and play a game with your friends or AI.
- Weekly Brawl: Change things up with brawls featuring different rules sets and restrictions.
There are four different game modes and 13 different maps available in Overwatch!
- Assault: Hanamura, Temple of Anubis, and Volskaya Industries
- Escort: Dorado, Route 66, and Watchpoint: Gibraltar
- Assault/Escort Hybrid: Eichenwalde, Hollywood, King’s Row, and Numbani
- Control: Ilios, Lijiang Tower, and Nepal
How to download?
Step 1: Turn on your Xbox One and log in to your Xbox Live account.
Step 2: Go to the Xbox One Store, then select “Search.”
Step 3: In the search field, type in “Overwatch.”
Step 4: Select “Overwatch: Origins Edition Free Weekend” from the search results and then click “Free Trial.”
Step 5: Once the download and installation process is complete, click “Launch
The free period ends on September 12 at 4:00 p.m. PT (23:00 UTC) in all gameplay regions.