Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft today released the first build of 1703 to the Preview Beta Ring. This is the same build that the Preview Alpha users received on Wednesday.
OS version released: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170128-2057
- Cortana: Cortana may be too responsive to phrases which sound like “Hey Cortana”. The development team is continuing to tune and improve this. • Cortana may take a long time to respond when activated while playing certain games. • Scheduled Cortana reminders will not provide a notification if the user who created the reminder is signed in, but not the current active user.
- Ubisoft Club: When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- Sign-in: With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Jump: Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Jump tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming: The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- IGN: The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home.
If your console is in Instant-On mode and you have been selected to receive the update, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby. Once the update is available to you, you can manually begin the update by launching the Guide and navigating to All Settings > System > Console info & updates.