Last week, Microsoft released a bug-fixing update to Xbox Insiders in the Alpha Ring for the Xbox One. Today, the company is releasing another one to address issues that were introduced with the recent major update. For those unfamiliar, the company introduced a bunch of new features for the Xbox One to those part of the Xbox Insider Program. The improvements include a slightly revamped dashboard, a new design for the Guide, an improved Cortana features, removal of Snap Mode for better performance, and much more.
Here’s the changelog for the latest bug fixing update:
OS version released: rs_xbox_dev_flight.170128-2057
Available: 6:00PM PST 2/1 (1:00AM GMT 2/2)
NEW QUESTS: New Quests are now available in the Xbox Insider Hub! • Party & Multiplayer • Activity Feed-back • Game On!
- Cortana: Resolved an issue which caused some See-It-Say-It content to fail to display on Home, Community, OneGuide, and Store.
- Store: You should now be able to purchase in-game content for Battlefield 1 and Happy Wars. • When attempting to launch a pre-ordered title from the Game Hub, the title now displays the correct “too early” error message.
- Audio: In-game and headset audio should work normally when switching between apps or resuming app from connected standby.
- Trove: Trove now launches correctly when the console is set to a locale other than en-US\USA.
- Dishonored – Definitive Edition: Fixed an issue which caused Dishonored: Definitive Edition to crash after launch with the console set to pt-BR\Brazil
- Halo Wars: Definitive Edition Fixed an issue which caused in-game text to fail to display in Halo Wars: Definitive Edition.
- Ubisoft Club: When launching the Ubisoft Club app, the screen automatically starts scrolling down, and prevents the user from scrolling back up.
- Sign-in: With profile sign-in settings set to “Lock it down”, you may be unable to sign-in again after playing a game, then signing out. Workaround: Hard reset the console (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- EA Access: The EA Access app may indicate you are not an EA Access subscriber when you are. This does not affect your ability to download or play games from the Vault, or receive discounts on EA titles.
- Jump: Microsoft Edge webpages which have been pinned on the Jump tab fail to launch the webpage.
- Screen Dimming: The screen may dim after a short amount of time while viewing videos in certain apps (Hulu Plus).
- Settings – Ease of Access: When enabling the Mono output setting in Ease of Access – Audio, Settings becomes unresponsive, crashes, and fails to launch on subsequent attempts. Workaround: To launch Settings, perform a hard reset (hold down the button on the front of the console for five seconds until it fully powers down, then power it back on).
- Settings – Display & sound: The Audio output page is under construction and some of the new settings are not yet functional. New support is planned for Dolby Atmos for home theater, Dolby Atmos for headphones, and more in upcoming builds. An announcement will be made when these new features are ready to try out; enabling these settings now will have no effect.
- IGN: The IGN app launches and immediately crashes to Home.
- Wireless Display: The Wireless Display app fails to launch and immediately crashes to Home