Fire up your impulse engines and head over to Thinkgeek right now, as to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Star Trek ThinkGeek has magicked up a real life Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge which is fully functional as a Bluetooth headset and also supports voice assistants such as Cortana.
ODM Fametek was hired to produce the fully-functioning officially-licensed communicator badge. It hooks up to your phone or device via Bluetooth® and has a built-in microphone for hands-free calling. Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri, Google Now, or Cortana. And, of course, a touch also plays that classic communicator sound effect.
- Star Trek TNG Bluetooth® ComBadge
- Officially-licensed Star Trek: The Next Generation merchandise
- Plays classic communicator chirp sound effect when you press it
- Connects to your phone or device via Bluetooth®
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calling
- High quality micro-speakers by Massive Audio
- Once connected, one touch answers/ends calls, plays/pauses audio, or accesses Siri, Google Now, or Cortana
- Play/pause music functionality
- Wireless Range: 33 ft.
- Drivers: Neodymium magnet
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 20KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >80dB
- Materials: ABS and zinc shell
- Attaches using magnets so you don’t have to make holes in your clothes
- Batteries: Rechargeable Lithium-ion (one charge lasts 10 hours)
- Charges via micro-USB cable (included)
- Micro-USB Port: DC5V, 350-400mA
- Dimensions: 1.65″ wide x 2.08″ tall x 0.36″ deep
- Includes ComBadge and micro-USB charging cable
The badge is a somewhat expensive $79.99 (but who can put a price on so much anti-cool?) and should ship around November. We are not sure, but we assume it would work equally well on your PC as your phone, which should somewhat limit the shame delivered to your spouse. Final specifications are still also subject to licensor approval.
Pre-order the screen-accurate replica from ThinkGeek here.