Ahead of the release of the Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft is releasing a handful of new features to the Outlook Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10. Redmond has been testing some of these features with users Windows Insiders in the program for a while now, and some of the new features were also being A/B tested by the company over the past few weeks. Today, it has started the wide rollout of these new features and all Windows 10 users will start receiving the new features in the coming weeks.
Here is a quick round-up some of the new things:
- Focused Inbox is now in the Outlook Mail app, allowing you to focus on what is important to you. Outlook uses machine learning to identify what emails are the most important to you, putting them in the Focused tab — and the rest goes to the Other tab. The Other tab mostly consists of newsletters, while the Focused Inbox mostly includes emails from your frequent contacts and other important things.
- Mentions lets you easily connect any of your contacts in emails using the @ symbol
- The Outlook Calendar app now lets you color code events, allowing you to plan your time better
- You can now follow favorite events, including sports events right from the Outlook Calendar app thanks to Interesting Calendars
- Travel reservations, flights, package delivery info can now be seen from the apps easily thanks to the new cards which lets you get info about your flight, hotel reservation or your package delivery almost instantly
- Bing now automatically suggests the address for events when you’re searching for a place in the Outlook Calendar app
These new features are definitely some very nice additions to the Outlook Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. If you are a Windows 10 user, you can try them out by downloading the latest update for the app from the Windows Store: