VLC Player for Windows Phone just got updated last week to v1.3 in Store with new revamped user interface and bug fixes. Today, it got another minor update to v1.3.2 with lots of bug fixes.
- Add back button in Search Pages
- Fix responsive design and UX issues in Search Pages
- Lumia 1020/920/925 get Responsive Design fix for issue « Music Player isn’t showing all controls in landscape mode »
- InterProcess communication between the VLC process and the Background Audio Task was using to much CPU to get Position, Time, MediaPlayerState… Now using a cache for those values, CPU consumption went from up to 40% to less than 10%. Great news.
- Fixed FileNotFoundException when Sharing the now playing album if it has no cover.
- If a media fails to read, sometimes the app crashed when it wants to display the « can’t read media » dialog. It should be fixed.
- A dozen of tiny bugs/crashes are also fixed.
VLC media player is a portable, free and open-source, cross-platform media player and streaming media server written by the VideoLAN project. VLC media player supports most audio and video compression formats, files and streaming protocols.
Download it here from Windows Phone Store for free.