New desktop browser Vivaldi has been updated to version 1.3.
The update brings the following improvements:
- Improves privacy by adding a setting that turns off WebRTC’s broadcasting of a user’s IP address when using voice, video chat and file sharing applications natively in HTML
- Adds more default mouse gestures to control browser functions
- Adds a tab hibernation function for Linux users so tabs don’t hog system resources
The browser itself features:
- Speed Dial – Quick links to your favorite sites, available in every new tab.
- Speed Dial Folders – Organize your Speed Dials into folders for convenient access.
- Quick Commands – Control everything in Vivaldi with simple text commands
- Fast Forward – Jump to the next page in a sequence. Great for search results.
- Rewind – Return to the first page you’ve visited at a site.
- Notes: Take notes while you browse and link them to a specific site.
- Web Panels: View any site in your Vivaldi side panel. Perfect for side-by-side browsing or social media.
- Side Panel: Fast access to bookmarks, downloads and notes.
- Search Box: Search using a number of providers, or add your own.
- Custom Search Engine: Add almost any search field on the web to Vivaldi.
- Sessions: Save a set of open tabs and open them whenever you want.
- Tab Stacks: Drop a tab on top of another and save it as a stack.
- Visual Tabs: Expand the tab bar to see a visual preview of your open tabs.
- Trash Can: Restore closed tabs or blocked pop-ups.
- Tab Cycling: Quickly navigate between open tabs.
- Tab Stack Tiling: View stacked tabs in a grid or side-by-side.
- Bookmarks Bar: A toolbar for to simplify accessing and managing your bookmarks.
- Nicknames: Assign a nickname to a bookmark for fast access from the address bar.
- Mouse Gestures: Perform every key browser action with mouse movements.
- Keyboard Shortcuts: Use key combinations to perform browser actions quickly.
- Speed Dial Background: Personalize the background image of your Speed Dial.
- Web Page Zoom: Zoom the contents of a web page up and down.
- User Interface Scaling: Adjust the size of the elements of Vivaldi’s user interface.
- One-click Color Change: Change the UI of Vivaldi with just one click.
- Adaptive Interface Color: Vivaldi’s user interface adapts to the color of the web page you’re viewing.
See a video demo of mouse gestures below:
Download Vivaldi today and give it a try.