Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Twitter PWA for Windows 10 received a new update. The update introduces a new design which as per the company won’t be visible to all the users as it’s currently in testing phase. Furthermore, Twitter officially announced that it’d ditched the Bing and Twitter translation is now supported by Google. You read the changelog below.
- Windows: some users may see a new design that we are testing.
- Translations: The translations are now supported by Google, they can also be re-hidden after being shown
- A11Y: Added a “skiplink” to jump to the main content and to the sidebar from the beginning of the page
- Profile: modified from a settings icon to a kebab menu icon on the profile pages, since that menu has more than just profile settings.
- Profile: we no longer trim the account name on the profile page to allow the identification of the parody accounts
- Profile: Now you can click on a profile header image to see the complete image
- Profile: follower and following pages now have tabs to easily switch between them
- Profile: the background color of the avatars is now shown while loading
- Compose: sending tweets with large JPEG images should now be faster; we apply the same compressions we do on the server side, but before loading the save data and speeding up the whole process!
- A11Y: The tweets mentioned are now read in screen readers when reading the parent tweet using j / k
- Bookmarks: there is now an option to delete all bookmarks at once
- App: improved performance for viewing profiles and users, particularly when composing a tweet
- Windows: should no longer display errors not found for certain connections (eg. Reset password)
- Windows: fixed an issue where the main content sometimes appeared blurry on certain devices
- Images: transparent PNGs should now not have a background color
- Notifications: the timeline of the mentions should update much more frequently when returning to the page.
Note, this is a server-side update which means that you don’t have to got to the Microsoft store to update the app. Just open the Twitter PWA app on Windows 10, close it, and then re-open it. You can also download the app from below link.
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrfj140]