Pocketnow just recently made a list of gestures that will find their way on our next device, and some of them seem very cool. The list spans from the basic double tap, and pan to the slightly cooler flick and more. The gestures are not as cool as the ounces you can currently do with the HTC HD2 and LMT launcher, but it still does just about everything the others are doing.
Here is the list they composed:
The single touch gestures include:
1. the Tap which we already know by now with Finger up executing the action. A tap also stops any type of content from moving on the screen;
2. the Double Tap which toggles between in and out zoom states of a control or an application;
3. the Pan which is used to either move content on the screen or reorder a specific item;
4. the Flick that moves content from one area to another area. The difference between Flick and Pan is that the Flick ends with lifting the finger off the screen.
5. the Touch and Hold, which we are used to calling long tap and is used to display a context menu or options page for an item.
Are these gestures enough for you or do you have better ones in mind like maybe a multi-touch based application launcher.