If you like privacy and security in your messaging apps, Threema and Telegram are one of the best options you could possibly have, both boasting encryption and privacy features well beyond Whatsapp and Facebook messenger (beyond the users).
Threema has been updated in the Windows Phone store to tweak the bas features of the privacy focused app. Coming just two days after its iOS app update, Threema has added the new agree /disagree feature to Windows Phone 8.1 and increased the size of group chats to 50. Though this falls below the size of group chats like Skype and WhatsApp, for a privacy focused app it makes more sense to have a limited number of users in group chats. There are more options for message bubble colours, and there’s a new default wallpaper option for you to make use of. As usual, there are bugfixes and improvements that come along with updates like this, and Threema users would be happy to know the company is supporting their Windows Phone users on the same level as iOS or Android.
See the full changelog below:
- New agree/disagree feature
- Increased max group size to 50 and improved group management
- Configurable chat background and new default wallpaper
- Configurable message bubble colors
- Optimized media storage management (delete media files of a chat or globally)
- Bug fixes and many improvements
Download Threema from the Windows Store from the link below.