Tesla’s V10 software update is currently with Early Access Program testers, and Electrek managed to get their hands on the changelog for the update.
The update brings a large number of changes including:
- Tesla V10 application launcher
- “The application Launcher has been reordered to make it easier to launch the Phone App. We have also replaced the Tesla Arcade with Tesla Entertainment.” When clicking ‘Tesla Entertainment’, you get Tesla Arcade and the new Tesla Theater.
- Tesla Theater
- “Tesla Theater lets you watch movies and videos when your car is in PARK and connected to WiFi. To launch the Tesla Theater, tap the new ‘Entertainment’ Icon in the Application Launcher and select the Theater tab.”
- Tesla Threatre brings the ability to watch streaming movies and video from Netflix and YouTube when parked.
- The feature only works over WIFI, but Tesla has said they plan to add free WIFI to their Superchargers, and of course, users should be easily set their phone up as WIFI hotspots.
- Tesla Arcade
- Cuphead – Tesla Edition coming to Tesla Arcade
- “Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game inspired by cartoons of the 1930s and heavily focused on boss battles. For the Tesla Edition of Cuphead, enjoy the game’s full first Isle as you play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or in local co-op). Traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay your debt back to The Devil!”
- Tesla now supports the Xbox Controller, making it more fun to while away charging time in your car.
- “Sing karaoke to your favorite songs and artists in your car. You can select ‘Caraoke’ from the Media menu. Tap the microphone icon to adjust whether the vocal track plays while you sgn along.”
- The feature will work both while stationary or in motion, but the lyrics will only be displayed while standing still.
- Feeling lucky or feeling hungry
- “Feeling lucky or feeling hungry? Go on a surprise adventure to a nearby attraction by tapping Navigate > Lucky or get directions to a local restaurant chosen by your Tesla by tapping Navigate > Hungry. We have also updated the place popup to include easy access to a website associated with the location if one exists.”
- Joe Mode
- Joe Mode reduces the volume of your Tesla’s chimes. The quieter chimes continue to alert the driver effectively and minimize disruption to passengers (e.g. Joe’s kids). To enable Joe Mode, tap Controls > Safety & Security > Joe Mode.
- Tesla V10 Driving Visualization
- “The driving visualization has been improved to display additional types of objects and lane lines around your car in more environments.
- Additionally, you can drag and pinch the driving visualization to temporarily adjust view angles and zoom. After a short of inactivity, the visualization will return back to the default position.”
- Automatic Lane Change
- “The automatic Lane Change visualization has been improved to highlight where in the adjacent lane your car is planning to move to. When Automatic Lane Change is initiated, the adjacent lane is highlighted blue and the target car destination is outlined in white.”
- Tesla V10 Maps Improvements
- “We have improved maps to make it easier to find and navigate to where you want to go. When searching for a destination, the autocomplete search now includes the distance to each suggested place. Also, you can now directly tap the labels on the map to quickly view the associated place details and navigate to that destination.”
- Sentry Mode Improvements
- “Sentry Model video clips are now saved in a separate folder on your USB drive to make them easier to review and manage. Also, the olders Sentry model video clips will now be automatically deleted if there is not enough space on the USB drive and Sentry Mode clips are using more than 5 Gigabytes of space.”
- Software Update Improvements
- “The software update experience now has more style and grace. You will now know which software update version is being downloaded and to be installed. Also, once the software update has been initiated, you can view the install progress when the touchscreen is on.”
I’m sure our readers will agree that this is quite a load, helping Tesla being one of the few brands who’s cars actually continue to improve after you purchase it.