Telegram’s Windows Phone app recently got a new UI makeover. As expected, the company is today bringing its desktop app to the Windows Store using Microsoft’s Desktop App Converter tool. As a result, you can now download the company’s classic desktop app (aka Win32 app) from the Windows Store just like some of the other apps that came to the Windows Store using the Desktop App Converter tool.
The app features:
- Fast: Telegram is the fastest messaging app on the market because it uses a distributed infrastructure with data centers positioned around the globe to connect users to the closest possible server.
- Secure We made it our mission to provide the best security among mass messengers. Telegram heavily encrypts all your data with time-tested algorithms.
- Cloud Storage: Telegram seamlessly syncs across all your devices, so you can always securely access your data. Your message history is stored for free in the Telegram cloud. Never lose your data again!
- Group Chat & Sharing: With Telegram, you can form large group chats of up to 200 members, send broadcasts to up to 100 contacts at a time, quickly share large videos, documents (.doc, .ppt, .zip, etc.), and send an unlimited amount of photos to your friends.
- Reliable: Built to deliver your messages in the minimum bytes possible, Telegram is the most reliable messaging system ever made. It works even on the weakest mobile connections.
- 100% free and no ads: Telegram is free and will always be free. We are not going to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
- Privacy: We take your privacy seriously and will never give third parties access to your data.
The main benefit of downloading the Telegram Desktop app from the Windows Store is that you will be able to get automatic updates and wouldn’t need to manually update the app every now and then. Additionally, Telegram will also now be able to tap into some of the Windows 10 APIs such as live tiles, Cortana, etc.
You can get the app from the Windows Store here.