If you have been lusting after a Surface Studio but cant quite justify the $3000 price tag Kensington may have a solution for you.
The company has just unveiled what they call the ultimate docking solution for Surface Pro. The SD7000 Dual 4K Surface Pro Docking Station lets users expand their desktop setup to include two external monitors, connect to a wired network and favourite USB accessories, and position their Surface Pro to work upright in desktop mode or down in studio mode.
The dock fully supports Microsoft’s Surface Connect technology and the Surface Pro (2017) or Surface Pro 4, meaning users can connect with confidence for a seamless dock and charge experience.
The dock is available with an optional integrated lock to secure the Surface Pro, making it suitable for semi-permanent use.
See the dock in action below:
The full specs are:
- Best For: Surface Pro (2017) and Surface Pro 4 and Monitors that support up to 4K
- Connection Technology: Surface Connect
- Compatibility: Windows 10
- # of Monitors Supported: 2
- Video Ports: 1 x HDMI v2.0 and 1 x DisplayPort v1.2++
- Maximum Resolution Supported: Single Monitor: 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz and Dual Monitors: 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz
- Plug & Play installation without the need for drivers or downloads
- System Requirements: Surface Pro (2017) or Surface Pro 4
- Warranty: 3 Years
The dock is a steal at only $299.99 and the device can be seen at Kensington here. The exact availability date has not been announced yet.