Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Spotify, the world’s most popular music streaming service, was launched in India recently. This is not an usual availability expansion for Spotify as Indian music market is completely different from the western markets. To make it appealing for the local users, Spotify has built some exclusive features for India. Read about them below.
The exclusive features include:
- Multi-language music recommendations: Many Indians speak several local languages, so Spotify’s music recommendation engine can now be tuned to Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, and Telugu . Indian users can select their preferred language (s) to receive tailored Daily Mix, Home, Radio, and Search results and recommendations.
- Spotify Free with full control: For the first time on Spotify Free, smartphone users can play every song on demand.
- Playlists made for India: Our new playlists, expertly curated and regularly updated by our team of Indian music experts, include Indiestan , Rap 91 , Namaste Love , Punjabi101 , and Bollywood Butter , as well as Top Hits in Hindi , Tamil , Telugu, and Punjabi These sit alongside our celebrated international playlists, including mint , RapCaviar , Viva Latino! , and the This is … artist compilations. Add billions of creator and fan-built playlists to the mix, and Spotify has a playlist for any mood or moment.
- Spotify goes to the movies: Introducing Starring … , a series of playlists featuring the best music from the most popular Bollywood, Tollywood, Kollywood, and Punjabi actors. Spotify’s recommendations will also include songs from India’s favorite movies and actors.
- City playlists: Find out what’s hot in each city, with new algorithmic playlists tracking what’s trending in Mumbai , Delhi , Bangaluru , and Chennai .
With this launch, Spotify is now available in seventy-nine markets worldwide and has more than 200 million users, including more than 96 million subscribers.