Back in September, Microsoft announced that it is working with Amazon to bring Skype calling to Alexa voice assistant. This integration is now available for everyone and you can use it to call friends and family on Skype or call mobiles and landlines in up to 150 countries worldwide. For a limited time, when you link Skype with Alexa, you can get 100 minutes of free calls per month for two months.
Here’s how to setup your Skype account with Alexa:
- Set up your Alexa device using the Amazon Alexa App for Android or iOS.
- Go to Settings > Communication > Skype to link your accounts.
- Sign in using the same Microsoft account you use on Skype.
Here’s how you can attend and make Skype calls through Alexa:
- “Alexa, call Dad on Skype”
- “Alexa, pick up”
- “Alexa, call 206-555-0155 on Skype”
This integration is compatible with following Echo devices:
- Amazon Echo 1st Gen
- Amazon Echo 2nd Gen
- Amazon Echo Plus 1st Gen
- Amazon Echo Plus 2nd Gen
- Amazon Dot 2nd Gen
- Amazon Dot 3rd Gen
- Amazon Show 1st Gen
- Amazon Show 2nd Gen
- Amazon Echo Spot