Shazam previously promised Windows Phone users many updates through 2015 and they seem to be sticking with their promise so far(Instagram, take note).
Version 4.2 adds some refinement to the already decent music app. Now users can sample songs which they have shazammed with Xbox Music (unfortunately I’m a subscriber so I can’t test sans Music pass). There is also a new feature where you can add songs on the charts to your “My Shazam” section with a nifty button added on the app bar. Finally, Shazam now recommends songs to you based on what you have previously shazammed allowing you to expand your music tastes beyond those 5 songs you play all the time.
From the changelog-
-Shazam 4.2 is all about the music.
• Preview your favorite Shazams with Xbox Music Playback
• Get recommended songs based on your Shazams
• Enjoy Xbox Music in Charts and My Shazam with more to choose from
• Add your favorite songs from Charts to My Shazam
• Smile because you downloaded Shazam 4.2
If you aren’t smiling yet, download Shazam 4.2 and thank us for putting a smile on your face in the comments below.