Samsung today introduced two new laptops at CES 2016. The company’s new Notebook 9 laptops are ridiculously light, and they look pretty beautiful, too. The company’s Notebook 9 device is available in two variants: a 13-inch variant, and a larger 15-inch variant. Both of the devices come with Intel’s SkyLake-U processors, and they are available with Intel Core i5 or i7 processors. Both of the devices also offer 4GB or 8GB of LPDDR3 RAM. For the 13-inch variant, Samsung is packing a 13-inch FG display with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixels — and for the 15-inch variant, Samsung is packing a 15″ FHD display with the same resolution of 1920×1080 pixels.
As for the internal storage, Samsung is offering two options for both of the Notebook 9 variants: you can get 128GB (SSD) storage or 256GB (SSD) storage which is pretty good. The 15-inch variant of the Notebook 9 comes with a 5,120mAh battery while the smaller 13-inch variant packs a 4,000 mAh battery. Both of the variants are various designs, including Material, Color Mg, Iron Silver and Modern Pink.
Both of the devices are very light: the 15-inch variant only weighs 1.29kg while the 13-inch variant weights only 840 grams. Samsung says the Notebook 9 will be available with Windows 10 Pro in early 2016 – however, no word on pricing just yet.
- Ultra-light: Samsung Notebook 9 series offers ultra-portability, with the world lightest 13.3-inch Notebook 9 weighing less than 1 kilogram, offering ultimate ease and convenience when on-the-go.
- Vivid and Bright Display: The full-HD display provides superior brightness with a wide angle and low-reflective screen for a comfortable viewing experience from a variety of positions.
- Extended Battery Life: The 15-inch Notebook 9 provides battery life for up to 12 hours, and the Quick Charging feature enables users to fully charge in just 20 minutes. The 13.3-inch Notebook 9 offers up to 10 hours of battery life on one charge.
- Enhanced Security: The new security feature Security CAM allows users to take and send photos through an equipped camera to a pre-registered email in case of theft. The Pattern Log-in, Secret Screen, and Record Block features help users protect private files and information.
- Seamless Productivity: Samsung Link 2.0 and SideSync 4.0 let users access shareable content more easily and efficiently. Also, the UL (Underwriters Laboratories) certified ergonomic keyboard provides enhanced comfort and accuracy.