Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Back in 2019, Microsoft first revealed that it is working on a redesigned Yammer experience. Today, Microsoft announced that the new Yammer experience is now available on iOS and Android platforms. The new Yammer mobile app is designed is based on Microsoft Fluent design language, so you can notice the consistency when moving between other Microsoft mobile and web apps. It also has a new layout, updated profile, improved communities list and more.
Other improvements that are part of this new Yammer experience:
- Improved how photos and videos are displayed, honed the inbox and notifications for greater readability.
- Added unique styling for questions, polls, and praise to help them stand out and drive engagement.
- Engage with leadership, praise a coworker, or post a light-hearted GIF to welcome a new employee in your company.
- Added better previews for images, videos, links, and files.
- You can preview content for style and accuracy before hitting post.
- Community admins can pin conversations and communities, close conversations, and upload community cover photos to customize the community’s look and feel.
- Redesigned live events in Yammer to ensure everyone can watch and participate from the mobile app.
- Improved the performance while uploading attachments and large videos, allowing them to process and upload in the background after you publish your post.