Text to Speech app ReadAloud has just acquired a major new feature – support for cross-platform ebook standard ePUB.
The app, which has seen more than 150,000 downloads in the Windows Phone Store, will read any web page, text file, PDFs and now ePUB document, and brings new features like clipboard monitoring, pronunciation editor and more.
It allows content to be imported easily into the app using the content sharing options built into other apps such as browser or other apps, clipboard monitor, URL sharing, importing files among other methods so as to provide smooth reading experience to the user. The app offers a great amount of customization options to suit everyone’s preferences.
Version v 2.0.10 adds:
- Support for EPUB file format added.
- Resume Reading’ feature added. Pick up reading from the line where you left off !
- Customize the font face of text.
Some spotlight features are –
- Share content from Web browsers and other apps with just 2 clicks.
- Monitor clipboard for superfast sharing of content.
- Extract only useful contents from webpages.
- Pronunciation editor to let you change the pronunciation of words.
- Read PDF, EPUB, TXT files.
- Create your own custom content.
- Supports 13 languages.
- Highlights the sentence being read.
- Full control over the pitch, rate and volume of the speech.
- Start reading from anywhere in the article with just one click (right click).
- Organize your articles as per your needs.
- Customize the look and feel of the reader as per your requirements.
- Track the progress of articles on the home screen.
- . . . . and many more.
See screen shots of the app below:
The app is free and can be found in the Windows Store here.