Retrica is a popular Instagram-like app focussed on selfies whose claim to fame is a large number of real-time filters which makes it easy to look your best before posting to the internet.
Retrica’s 100+ live filters lets preview how your photos will look, before you even take the photo and also offers trendy logos to make your photos more noticeable.
The app, which is available on iOS and Android, has more than 100 million downloads on Android, have already said in November they are heading towards the Windows Store, but so far we have seen little progress.
Now on their User Voice page they have given us some idea of the time line, noting that they have started development and the app is expected to go into beta in Q1 2016.
On Android it features:
- Endless possibilities: All of your favourite moments can be photographed and remembered with 100+ filters.
- Real-time filters: Preview your photos before you snap.
- Vignette: Add a classic vignette border with the touch of a button.
- Collage: Set the time interval, and take consecutive photos using the collage feature; it’s like being in a photo booth! Take fun and quirky pictures with your friends.
- Watermark: You have the option to add Retrica’s watermark logo, so everyone can see the fun you’re having with Retrica!
- Timer: No photographer necessary – set the timer, choose your interval, and you’re good to go.
- Blur: Your subjects can be placed in and out of focus with this feature.
- Build your social network: Upload your photos to your favourite social networking sites – be the talk of the town.
Of course it will likely arrive with a more limited feature set initially, but I suspect at this stage a Universal Windows App is highly likely, which will hopefully motivate the team to strive for feature parity.
Are any of our readers selfie addicts waiting for this app? Let us know below.