-Nokia and Microsoft started their partnership talks in November
-Nokia will contribute to the Windows Phone ecosystem as a whole.
-Nokia and Microsoft are already working on their first Nokia WP7 device and their Engineering teams are collaborating on that.
– When asked about Device release date, Ballmer said, "When there’s news, there will be news."
-Nokia also had discussions with Google to have Android.
-Nokia didnâ€™t choose Android because of differentiation challenges & commoditization risk.
-Nokiaâ€™s Location and mapping services will improve Bing services.
-Nokia may choose Microsoftâ€™s future work on Tablets as their tablet strategy.
-"Nokia is first and foremost, and always will be, a Finnish company." â€“Elop
-Nokia to announce layoffâ€™s across the world, especially in Finland.
-There will be significant changes in Nokiaâ€™s R&D that will increase productivity.
-MeeGo devices is â€œan opportunity to learnâ€ on future.
-Someone questioned Stephen Elop, â€œYou’ve effectively sold your company to Microsoftâ€. Laughs filled the room.
-The future of Symbian40 devices will be discussed later today.
-The joint product roadmap will give consumers a near-exhaustive portfolio.
Will update the above list when I came across more. BTW, Stephen Elop tweeted in response to the turkey story,
â€œ Two bicycle makers, from Dayton Ohio, one day decided to fly.â€
Update from Nokia Strategy and Financial Briefing:
– Its not an OEM deal between Nokia and Microsoft, Its more advanced.
– Nokia also considered whether Microsoft deal could lead to lock-in, but it made sure that it has flexibility on various issues.
– Nokia will differentiate within the WP7 ecosystem and with other ecosystems as well.
– Nokia,Microsoft partnership is unquestionably supported by carriers around the world.
– Nokia has the unparalleled carrier billing support and stores across the world to support developers monetize their apps.
– Nokia on Android, â€It felt a little bit like giving up and not enough like fighting backâ€.
– Nokia to bring and develop Nokia Life tools, Money, Proxy browsers for more feature phones.
– Nokia will contribute to Windows Phone ecosystem, for example NAVTEQâ€™s mapping services powering Bing will be available to Samsung, HTC,etc,.
– Android is like a Black Hole, sucking innovation from other OEMâ€™s.
– How Nokia going to differentiate,
– Its going to be three horse race in the industry.
– The transition period at Nokia
– R&D at Nokia
Atlast Elop confirmed wrote that he wrote that Burning Platform memo.