Microsoft today released updates for Word and Excel iOS apps. This update includes support for protected documents, complex scripts and more. Find the full change log below.
New in this update:
• Bi-directional and complex script languages: now supports bi-directional text editing and complex script for Arabic, Hebrew, and Thai.
• View protected documents: open and view documents that have access permissions applied to them.
• Easier sharing: invite people to edit a document and grant them permissions, all from within the app.
• Integration with Outlook: send a document as an attachment in Outlook. Or directly edit a document attached to or linked from an Outlook email message.
Other recent improvements are:
• New storage options: open, edit, and save your work to iCloud and other online storage services. (requires iOS 8)
• New templates: create great looking Word documents more quickly by using one of the new templates.
• Word Add-ins: add functionality to Word that enhance your documents and helps increase your productivity. (only on iPad, requires iOS 8.2 or newer)