Microsoft has released a new update for the PowerToys utility. The latest update brings a ton of fixes and improvements as well as bumps the app to v0.25. You can head down to check out the full changelog for the update:
- First pass on localization complete. 17 different languages. We know there will be some rough areas, please make us aware so we can correct them.
- Logging added into the installer
- Large sums of accessibility issues fixed.
- Less notifications for installing
- FxCop work is almost fully wrapped up
- Additional color style selections such as CYMK and HSL
- Multiple bugs fixed
- Better zone drawing improvements
- Fixed terminal input map failure
- Better app compat
- Multiple bug fixes
- Ability to directly disable keys/shortcuts
- expanded environment var searching such as %windr%
- multiple crash bug fixes
- Improvements on calculator plugin
- Directly able to override theming
- Windows will open to what shell you want
- Better action key support
=for direct calculator
?for direct file searching
.for direct for applications
//for direct URL
<for running processes
>for shell processes
- Added multiple developer related docs.
Along with the new update, Microsoft also confirmed that it will be releasing the video conferencing utility next week. It noted that the tool requires some additional work so it has been delayed for a week and will roll out with v0.26 update. Microsoft first showed video conferencing utility with v0.22 update but it was just an experimental feature back then.
If you’re using PowerToys then you can open the app to download and install the latest update. Alternatively, you can download the installer from GitHub.