Microsoft last week announced the global availability of Microsoft Teams, the new chat-based workspace in Office 365. Teams was only available for Office 365 business users. Today, Microsoft announced the availability of Microsoft Teams for Office 365 Education customers. Microsoft Teams is available in all Office 365 for Education suite licensing: Education, Education Plus and Education E5, as well as existing Education E3 customers who purchased E3 prior to its retirement.
Office 365 admins can enable Microsoft Teams for their institutions through the Office 365 admin center. They can easily configure access at the license level for Faculty & Teachers and/or Students. If your institution is using Office 365, send the below instruction to your IT team to enable Microsoft Teams.
- Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account.
- Click Admin to go to the Office 365 admin center.
- Navigate to Settings > Services & add-ins.
- On the Services & add-ins page, click Microsoft Teams.
- On the Microsoft Teams settings screen that opens, select the education license you want to configure – Faculty & Staff or Student.
- After you select the license type you want to enable, set the toggle to On and then click Save.
Learn more about Microsoft Teams here.