At Ignite last year, Microsoft first revealed the Surface Hub 2S. The Surface Hub 2S will come with 50.5-inch display, 4K+ resolution and 3:2 Aspect Ratio. Microsoft has reduced the bezels to have a better screen-to-body ratio. It features 4K cameras, integrated speakers, and far-field mic arrays. The Surface Hub 2S will run the current Hub software experience already available on the original Surface Hub devices.
Microsoft today revealed some new information regarding this upcoming device, read about them below.
- Microsoft will start shipping the new Surface Hub 2S to customers in the US in June this year.
- The Surface Hub 2S is powered by 8th gen Intel Core i5 processor, Intel UHD Graphics 620, 8GB RAM and 128GB SSD
- New 85-inch variant of Surface Hub 2S will be coming in 2020.
- The Surface Hub 2S can run on battery when paired with the Steelcase Roam Mobile Stand and APC Charge Mobile Battery.
- Microsoft will release Surface Hub 2 Display later this year. It is the same Surface Hub 2, but without the compute.
- As announced already, the Surface Hub 2S customers will be able to upgrade to Surface Hub 2X experience using a processor cartridge accessory. The Surface Hub 2X processor catridge will offer better hardware performance and also will enable new software experiences like screen rotation and others.
- Surface Hub 2S 50-inch will be priced at $8,999.99. The 84-inch variant with Intel Core i7 will cost $19,999.