Microsoft today announced the release of Windows 10 Insider Build 15254.1 for Mobile devices to Windows Insiders in the Fast and Slow rings. This build will be the release candidate for the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update for Mobile. Microsoft mentioned that Windows 10 Build 15254.1 will include all the fixes from Build 15252 and KB4041676 cumulative update. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will include several new features for the enterprise including the below listed ones.
- Two factor Authentication: We are excited to announce that we’ve introduced a two factor authentication unlock mechanism for Windows 10 Mobile. With two factor unlock, an enterprise can enforce an additional security layer to their sensitive data via an MDM policy. Once two factor unlock is enabled, a phone user will have to enter a numeric pin followed by an enterprise-defined factor to unlock the phone. An example of an enterprise-defined factor is a companion device such as an NFC tag which can be used to unlock a phone using our Companion Device Framework sample app and documentation.
- AppLocker Improvements: A number of customers have provided feedback on the warning prompts for apps that are blocked by enterprise policies. We’ve improved the UX and updated the MDM SyncML scripts associated with the policies. Application restrictions can be configured by either the ApplicationManagement CSP or AppLocker CSP.
- VPN Improvements: In the modern corporate workplace, mobility is mainstream and secure access to corporate data via VPN has become the norm. We are bringing a range of improvements and features that enhance the reliability of VPN on Windows 10 Mobile. The key updates to our VPN capability are
- Lots of reliability improvements for VPN connectivity in Windows 10 Mobile.
- IKEv2 Sleep and Power Enhancements.
- VPN completes all pending actions before sleep and disconnects.
- Automatic reconnection on resume.
- Force tunneled improvements for UWP platform.
- Proxy improvements for UWP VPN profile.
- Enabling MMS usage when VPN is connected.
Microsoft recently announced that they will not be adding new features to Windows 10 Mobile in the future. But they will deliver bug fixes, security updates, etc. You can read about it here.