Microsoft today released an update for Xbox One controller(s) with the latest preview build (OS version > 1502.150120) which provides the following updates:
•Quick Connect – previous controller connections to an Xbox One took 4-5 seconds when powering on a controller, now they should occur in ~2 seconds
•Stability improvements – the firmware also provides a number of fixes that address issues submitted by customers and preview participants
This update is now available to Xbox One Preview program members.
To update your controller firmware:
- Connect a controller to your Xbox One with a USB cable. Keep any headsets connected to the controller.
- Connect to Xbox Live.
- Press the Menu
- Go to Settings > Devices & accessories. Select the controller.
- If you have multiple controllers attached, you can select Buzz – which will cause the selected controller to vibrate.
- Then select Update to download the new firmware to the controller attached via the USB cable, and the screen will show the Updating controller … progress screen
- When you see the Controller updated screen, press ‘B’ to go back to the Devices & accessories main page
- Reselect the controller, the Firmware version, should now be: 1.2.2236.0
via: Major Nelson