Microsoft last year acquired Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of software and services for R, the world’s most widely used programming language for statistical computing and predictive analytics. Since then, they have been adding many updates to help customers and partners benefit from the power of R. Recently, they made the following announcements regarding R language and R Server.
- Revolution R Enterprise for Hadoop, Linux and Teradata is now available as Microsoft R Server with all the benefits of Microsoft’s enterprise-grade quality, support and purchasing options.
- A new Microsoft R Server Developer Edition with all the features of the commercial version will be available as a free download.
- The Microsoft Data Science Virtual Machine will include a pre-installed and pre-configured version of Microsoft R Server Developer Edition.
- Revolution R Open is now Microsoft R Open and is available as a free download.
- Microsoft R Server is available to all students for academic use with the Microsoft DreamSpark program.
Develop and run R models on your platform of choice
- Hadoop—Scale your analysis transparently by distributing work across nodes without complex programming
- Teradata database—Run advanced analytics in-database for seamless data analysis
- SUSE Linux—Enable advanced analytics while making the most of your open-source investments
- Red Hat—Bring predictive and prescriptive analytics power to your Red Hat environments
- Windows—R Server for Windows will ship as R Services in SQL Server 2016 currently available as a Community Technology Preview (CTP)
Read more about this from the link below.