Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help MSPoweruser effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft today released PowerToys v0.37.0. The update mainly brings bug fixes and prepares the ground for the long-awaited video conferencing mute feature which is set to come to the main branch in the near future.
Significant changes include:
- PowerToys now requires Windows 10, version 1903 or higher
- FancyZones editor default launching key is Win+Shift+`
- Windows Terminal’s new Quake mode will use Win+`. We feel this is a far better use of the keystroke.
- Current PowerToys users can update this in our settings in the FancyZone section.
- Removed our v1 HTML based settings system
The full changelog reads:
- Editor UX bug fixes.
- Monitor resolution is added to the top to directly infer the boxes on top are your monitors
- Fix for editor crash when editing a custom layout
- Option added for capitalization.
- Improved loading responsiveness with large sums of files.
- Changed XAML to improve rendering.
- Disabled plugins are no longer loaded
- VS Code plugin workspaces showing up now.
- Now an independent exe. This now runs high priority in its own process. When your CPU is under load, this should allow the process to continue to be prioritized
- uses a centralized keyhook. This should improve activation
- Esc for closing will no longer bubble through.
Settings / Welcome to PowerToys
- Shortcuts will stand out more
- Few accessability bugs fixed.
Excluded apps for Shortcut Guide.
- new arg for starting PT after silent install
Developer quality of life
- Ability to directly debug against Settings
Find the utility at Microsoft here.