Last week, Microsoft introduced Cortana in an update to its Android launcher via the beta program. Now the firm is rolling out this update to all users via the Play Store.
As indicated, Cortana now serves the same role as Google Assistant does on the default Android launcher. Users can run Cortana as their assistant and use it to control their phone right from the launcher.
This is, of course, limited to the 5 regions Microsoft’s Cortana currently works with on Android, US, UK, Canada, Australia and China, with other regions presumably to unlock this functionality if/when Cortana is rolled out to them.
Here’s the full changelog.
- Now Cortana, your personal digital assistant comes in the Microsoft Launcher: make a call, schedule meetings, change wallpaper, Continue on PC or read the headlines! ( en-US, en-GB, en-CA, en-AU, zh-CN )
- Share Launcher via NFC & QR code;
- Support Arabic/RTL languages
- Intune integration supports remote data-wiping;
- Choose contacts to display on your People card
- Place widgets into the dock
- Pin searched app/contact to home screen
You can download Microsoft Launcher from the Google Play Store link here.