Next Generation Sports Network (NGSN) has recently launched the beta version of their sports website and mobile apps that will allow for subscribers in the United States to view their favorite major football games from across the globe. NGSN team engaged with the Microsoft Services team in the Netherlands team to build a solution that is scalable solution that can serve millions of subscribers, full end-to-end video workflows in the cloud and offered quick time to market.
They chose Azure Media Services as a scalable, reliable, and global platform to meet these requirements.
- End-to-end live streaming in the cloud including live transcoding and adaptive bitrate streaming
- End-to-end Video on demand including encoding of summaries and full matches with adaptive bitrate streaming
- Seamless CDN integration with premium CDN features and global reach, and point-and-click provisioning
- A growing ecosystem of partners in the OVP and technology spaces such as iStreamPlanet (Live Encoding), The Perform Group (Live Ingest & Commentary), Adyen (Payment processing), Avalara (Sales Tax calculation), The Capitals and Methylium (Apps).
- Azure Marketplace offerings from SendGrid (Email) and Aspera (Fast Upload).
- Seamless integration with other high value Microsoft Azure services such as websites, storage, SQL Database, Redis Cache, and the Push Notifications Service.
Read more about it here.