Excel 2016 comes with a set of features called Get & Transform, which provides fast, easy data gathering and shaping capabilities. Get & Transform allows users to connect, combine, and refine data sources to meet their analysis needs. Microsoft today announced ten new data transformation and connectivity features for Get & Transform that have been requested by many customers.
These updates include the following new or improved data connectivity and transformation features:
- Web Connector—UX support for specifying HTTP Request Headers.
- OData Connector—support for “Select Related Tables” option.
- Oracle Connector—improved Navigator preview performance.
- SAP HANA Connector—enhancements to parameter input UX.
- Query Dependencies view from Query Editor.
- Query Editor ribbon support for scalar values.
- Add custom column based on function invocation.
- Expand & Aggregate columns provide support for “Load More” values.
- Convert table column to a list—new transformation.
- Select as you type in drop-down menus.
These updates are available for free as part of an Office 365 subscription. Read about all these improvements in detail here.