We wrote recently about the pressing need for a HoloLens-compatible hardhat which would allow the device to be used in construction and industrial settings which legally demand users wear appropriate personal protection equipment.
Geographic Information System provider Meemim were not waiting for a 1st party solution by Microsoft and created their own hardhat adaptation kit, which they report worked brilliantly.
Apparently, news of the innovation resulted in a wave of requests to produce the adapters commercially, resulting in Meemin now offering the kit for sale on their website only a few weeks later.
The kit has the following features:
- Reliable, durable, and sturdy
- Fits most standard hardhats
- Simple to install and remove
- Flexible enough to allow for adjustments (e.g., accommodating glasses and different head sizes)
- Non-intrusive (does not require HoloLens disassembly and does not void the warranty)
- Does not modify the hardhat in any way that would disqualify the hardhat as PPE
The kit is on sale for only $95 and can be found at Meemim.com here.