Back in December 2014, Microsoft acquired HockeyApp, a class leading service for mobile crash analytics and app distribution for developers building apps on iOS, Android and Windows Phone. It includes capabilities to publish apps to a select group of “beta testers”, to collect feedback from those testers and to gather and analyze crash reports.
- Build and upload your apps to HockeyApp. Testers can now download and install them. You have full control of who can access which app. Think of it as your personal App Store for testing.
- Nobody wants their app to crash. But when it happens HockeyApp provides you with the right information at your fingertips, like symbolicated stack traces and environment details.
- Testing your app is way more than preventing crashes. With HockeyApp, your testers can provide valuable feedback and suggest new features or improvements right from the app.
- HockeyApp provides you with analytics about which devices and languages your testers have already covered and where you need to spend some additional testing effort for full coverage.
- Sophisticated team-management features make distributing applications to different sets of test users quick and easy. Full access control included.
- Well-suited for large companies developing many different apps. HockeyApp integrates with your environment and scales with your needs to achieve the best Mobile DevOps experience.
Microsoft this week announced that HockeyApp can also be purchased in the Visual Studio Marketplace via and Azure subscription. You can also use HockeyApp for free up to 2 apps.