AppRiver, a provider of email messaging and Web security solutions, today announced the launch of its secure email app for Windows Phone 8.
The CipherPost Pro™ App lets businesses extend AppRiver’s cloud-based encryption service to Windows Phone 8. The app integrates with the company’s current Microsoft offerings, including hosted Exchange and Office 365, adding an important layer of security.
"Leaving your home or office shouldn’t mean leaving your email security behind," said David Liberatore, senior director of technical product management, AppRiver. "As more and more people rely on mobile devices for business communications, these apps ensure your sensitive data stays protected.”
AppRiver’s CipherPost Pro for Windows allows users to create, read, track and reply to encrypted messages on any smartphone or tablet. As a cloud-based native solution, the app requires no enterprise installation while still ensuring global administrative control and enforcement of compliance policies. No private data is stored on devices using the app, so confidential information is well protected in the event the device is lost or stolen.
Key features of the new CipherPost Pro App include:
- Compose and Track New Messages on the Go: Mobile users can access, compose and send encrypted messages on the go, enabling truly anytime, anywhere secure communication and collaboration.
- Real-Time Message Tracking and Recall: Using CipherPost Pro’s patented ‘Delivery Slip’, the app allows users to track the receipt of secure messages in real-time, see if messages have been read, forwarded, printed or deleted, or even recall a message even after it has been read.
- Native Device App Integration: As a native solution, the app lets Windows phone users enjoy their familiar phone features and experience while optimizing battery life and bandwidth.
- MDM Integration: Ideal for organizations and partners that embrace BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), the app can be deployed through MDM (Mobile Device Management) systems without requiring enterprise-level installation of software or hardware. Policy administrators can globally manage compliance policies on any device.
- Data Loss Protection: As a cloud-based app, all messaging data is protected in the cloud, never stored on the device. Access to the app can be remotely enabled or disabled in the event a device is lost or stolen, additionally protecting the user’s secure account against unauthorized access.
- Compliance Features: Regulations such as HIPAA, PSQIA, PCI DSS, Sarbanes-Oxley, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, FINRA Rule 8210, NHS security policy and many others specify strict requirements for the protection of confidential and personally identifiable information (PII). These regulations include clear guidelines for protecting such information during transportation and storage. The CipherPost Pro App helps maintain compliance on company-issued or personal smartphones and tablets, reducing the risk of data leakage with minimal administrative effort and technical impact. In the “Bring Your Own Device” era, such protection is increasingly important.
The CipherPost Pro App is available for free at Windows Phone Store to all licensed users. Find it in the Windows Phone Store here.