While Apple and their fans has been trying to convince us only 9 people out of 10 million iPhone 6 and 6+ users have issues with their bendy phone, it seems #Bendgate is back with vengeance.
American Phillip Lechter claims bending the iPhone 6 in his pocket caused it to set on fire, resulting a second-degree burn four inches long on his leg that needed medical treatment and another on his hip from removing the phone.
The phone bent due to the rickshaw he and his family was traveling on crashing, and him bumping into the interior of the vehicle.
“I felt a burning sensation on my leg and then saw and smelled smoke from my pants (trousers),” he wrote.
“I surveyed the rickshaw quickly and could not find anything that could have set me on fire. Then it hit me, my phone was in my pocket.”
The iPhone had burned through his jeans pocket and boxers.
“This was a surreal experience, and if it hadn’t happened to me I wouldn’t believe it myself,” he wrote.
The incident suggests that the easily bent iPhone can cause more than cosmetic issues, something we are sure would not be true of a more sturdy device.
Another reason to buy a sturdy Nokia Windows Phone?
Via The Independent