Yesterday, we reported about the latest releases of Creative Cloud that will make media ingest and editing workflows faster than ever in Premiere Pro CC and Media Encoder CC. Along with it, Adobe also announced a major Photoshop CC update with powerful new photo editing capabilities and performance improvements. Some of the new features are listed below,
- Visualization controls: A Transparency slider and “Onion Skin” view mode more accurately predict results with new visualization and controls that make it easier to see the edges and other qualities of the selections you are creating in real time while you are making them.
- Refine Edge Brush: Get more precise results with the new Refine Edge Brush that helps to more accurately separate foreground and background for complex selections.
- A simple brush to more precisely control exactly which areas of an image are selected or masked. This tool can be used for manual control.
- Content-Aware Crop: Photoshop will intelligently fill in the gaps when you rotate or expand a canvas beyond the original image size using the Crop tool.
- Face-Aware Liquify: Retouchers and anyone taking photos of people will really enjoy this new enhancement to the Liquify tool. First introduced last year in our mobile application Photoshop Fix, we have improved that algorithm even more and brought it to Photoshop CC. Now within the Liquify tool, you can use the new Face-Aware technology to automatically identify and adjust facial features like jaw, nose, lips and eyes to retouch them or add artistic effects.
Read the full list of features coming in this update here.