Today, Adobe announced the all-new Adobe Lightroom CC cloud-based photography service. From now on, the product you’ve known as Adobe Lightroom will be rebranded “Lightroom Classic CC”. And the new photography service they are announcing today will be called “Lightroom CC”. The new Lightroom CC is designed to be a cloud-based ecosystem of apps that are deeply integrated and work together seamlessly across desktop, mobile, and web. Lightroom Classic CC will be best suitable for desktop-based (file/folder) digital photography workflows.
The new Lightroom CC will work the same across desktop, mobile, and web. This will allow users to move across their devices without needing to relearn or figure things out. Lightroom CC on desktop is a completely new app for Windows which is designed from the ground up to focus on photographers’ needs. The new UI makes it easy to organize and edit from the same streamlined experience. The original images, edits, and metadata is synced and stored in the Creative Cloud. And Lightroom CC uses Adobe Sensei to automatically tag your images for search.
Key Lightroom CC capabilities include:
- The most powerful image editing technology: Built on the same imaging technology that powers Photoshop and Lightroom, Lightroom CC offers a new streamlined interface with easy-to-use sliders, presets and quick adjustment tools.
- Edit anywhere: Lightroom CC allows photographers to edit full-resolution photos anywhere – on mobile devices, desktop or the web. Edits made on one device are automatically synced across devices for anywhere access.
- Worry free back-up, cloud storage: Lightroom CC has scalable storage options for safe and secure back up of full-resolution photos – including raw files.
- Powered by Adobe Sensei: Adobe Sensei’s machine learning technology automatically applies searchable keywords to objects in photographs – making organization in Lightroom CC effortless.
- Built-in sharing tools: Lightroom CC makes it easy to share photos directly via social media and to create custom Lightroom web galleries that can be shared via link. Photographers can also share their work through new Adobe Portfolio integration with Lightroom CC.
- Updated award-winning mobile and web experiences:
- Lightroom CC for mobile on iOS: Built-in search functionality powered by Adobe Sensei, keyword support, hierarchical album support, an enhanced iPad app layout and iOS 11 files support.
- Lightroom CC for mobile on Android: Tablet support and a local adjustments brush, along with the same built-in search functionality, keyword support and hierarchical album support as seen in the iOS app.
- Lightroom CC for web: Ability to create and manage a public gallery page, as well as enhanced integration with Adobe Portfolio, which enables subscribers to easily import collections and publish their best shots to a customized Portfolio website in just a few clicks.
Adobe is also announcing the following improvements to Adobe Lightroom Classic CC:
- Application launch time
- Preview generation including in Standard, 1:1 and Minimal previews
- Import selection workflow with “Embedded & Sidecar” preview option
- Switching between Library and Develop Module
- Moving from photo to photo in the Develop Module
- Responsive brushing
The all-new Lightroom CC will be available across three photography plans:
- For photographers that want an all-in-one plan that offers the full benefits of the Lightroom CC service plus the transformative power of Photoshop, the Creative Cloud Photography plan with 1 TB includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Photoshop CC, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 1 TB of cloud storage ($19.99/month, but available at $14.99/month for the first year for existing Creative Cloud Photography customers).
- Lightroom CC has also been added to the existing Creative Cloud Photography plan with an additional 20 GB of storage to help users get started on the new service. This plan remains at $9.99/month and includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop CC, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 20 GB of cloud storage. Creative Cloud All Apps members also have access to the new Lightroom CC service.
- The all-new Lightroom CC plan addresses the needs of photographers who want a cloud-based photography service for editing, organizing, storing and sharing their photos from wherever they are, and includes Lightroom CC, Lightroom for mobile and web, Adobe Spark with premium features, Adobe Portfolio, and 1 TB of cloud storage ($9.99/month).
Learn more about Lightroom CC here.