AccuWeather and WeatherBug have released their Windows 8 apps in Windows Store. As you can expect, both the apps feature clean Metro look and takes advantage of Windows 8 platform features such as live tiles.
•Dynamic Live Tiles: Rich live tiles feature images that provide at-a-glance weather updates for your favorite location, right from your home screen. To stay on top of weather for the places that matter to you, create multiple tiles for all your saved locations.
•My Alerts Center: Know Before™ and stay informed of severe weather impacting your life with exclusive Dangerous Thunderstorm Alerts and National Weather Service watches and warnings to keep you and those you care about out of harm’s way.
•Global Reach: WeatherBug for Windows 8 supports 26 different languages. The app’s powerful ENcast engine produces the most accurate forecasts with the fastest updates for 60,000 cities for users around the world.
•Pinpoint Forecasts: Get the most detailed extended and hourly forecast information available from the weather station closest to you and for locations around the world. Plus, the app’s background changes to match the weather at your saved locations.
•Custom Notifications: Should you bring sunglasses or an umbrella today? With one touch, set personal alerts on the weather conditions important to you.
•Interactive Maps: Track developing weather patterns in real time with interactive maps featuring seven configurable layers, including animated radar, pressure, wind, humidity and cloud cover with full “pinch-and-zoom” functionality.
Download it here.
• My AccuWeather custom lifestyle forecasts that show how weather conditions affect specific health risks and outdoor activities for current conditions, each of the next 24 hours, and the next 25 days.
• Current weather conditions updated every 15 minutes with the very latest humidity percentages, visibility, UV index, wind direction, wind and wind gust speed, and AccuWeather’s patented RealFeel Temperature® that analyzes multiple weather conditions to determine how the local temperature actually feels.
• A quick look at weather conditions for the next 24 hours, and a calendar view of the next 25 days with the ability to open up any day for more weather detail.
• Interactive, full-screen Bing Maps overlaid with AccuWeather’s precise weather data.
• Current weather news and broadcast-quality weather videos with many available in both English and Spanish.
• An easy-to-use and fun weather comparison between each of your saved locations. • Cross compatibility across Windows 8 PCs and tablets.
Download it here.