Microsoft today confirmed that they have acquired Sunrise Calendar app. Microsoft didn’t reveal any details about the acquisition, but as per TechCrunch, it was bought for around $100 million. In the above video, Microsoft’s Steve Clayton talks reinventing productivity with the CEOs of Sunrise and Acompli, two companies recently acquired by Microsoft.
What does Sunrise develop?
They develop Sunrise, a free calendar app for iOS, Android and the web. Sunrise is able to connect to many calendars and apps to bring all of your data into one place.
• 100% free calendar app with a gorgeous design.
• Compatible with Google Calendar, iCloud, Exchange.
• A completely redesigned calendar experience for your iPhone and iPad.
• Synchronization that just works, in real-time and with background updates.
• Quick Add Event just by typing “Lunch tomorrow at 9pm” (long-press on the +) (for Google Calendars only).
• Timezone Support. No more headache when traveling!
• Facebook Events and Birthdays included.
• See faces and profiles of people you are meeting with using LinkedIn.
• Weather forecast based on your location.
• Smart icons.
• Tag location to events.
• Use Google Maps for Directions.
• Connect multiple Google Calendars.